On my way to Idaho

On my way to Idaho
The Road Less Traveled . . .

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Long Day

Yes. It been a long day and feels even longer. But, not in a necessarily bad way. Just evry tired and a little frustrated that my energy doesn't carry me through the day. In RPG terms, life rolled me a low Con. score, and in real life ,experience points don't always boost your score.

I'm trying to keep in mind that my basic focus for the blog is how I adapted to everyday life as an amputee. What does that mean?

Well, to start with, I have to plan an extra 30 to 45 minutes every morning to get ready.  The extra time is needed to give a little TLC to the stump. The prosthesis is cleaned and I quickly check it over for signs of mechanical failure. After donning the leg I walk around a few minutes to make sure of a good fit. Putting the leg on and off can  add up to 30 minutes on a good day, as much as an hour if I need to make adjustments during the day. 

Any who -  my day - two classes totaling seven and half hours; lunch and a hour of study did find a place between them. I made it and I'm exhausted.

Good times.

My class notes are a form of my own personal hieroglyphs - today they included a sketch of the teacher, Tammi. Look to the right  - there she is under My Hieroglyphs.

No comments: