On my way to Idaho

On my way to Idaho
The Road Less Traveled . . .

Monday, August 30, 2010

Well, in an hour I will be sitting waiting for class to start; Mesopotamian Religion with Professor Tammi Schneider.

I make the effort to be 15 minutes or so early to classes, and meetings, etc. I do not move very fast. It can be a lot of work just to make my way from the parking lot to the classroom. Research has shown that a person wearing a fake leg will expend about 40% more metabolic energy then the average normal person in preforming the same activity. And that is just the psychical activity itself. I also have to take into account many other tings that can influence how I do things besides just the action of walking across the room. Things such as cracks in the sidewalk, loose gravel or dirt, a wrinkle in the carpet, but, of all the things I must take note of, people are the most unpredictable.   Being early makes it a bit easier because I wont have to negotiate my way through a gauntlet of people milling around settling in for class.

A far different approach to life then I use to take.

No comments: